Composite Rate Build up – Sanitary Fittings
Wash Hand Basin:
The Elemental Estimate layout and grouping of items will be used in this example. When building up composite rates for Approximate Quantities, you have to follow some basic principles. We are going to illustrate a composite rate build-up for a Wash Hand Basin:
- ‘Vaal Sanitaryware’ vitreous china drop-in vanity basins:
- 520 x 440mm ‘Azalea’ white vitreous china semi drop-in vanity basin (product code 7021) with one taphole including integrated overflow and chainstay hole, waste union, plug, chain, flexible connection tubes, fitted into recess in vanity top (elsewhere measured) on and including two fixing brackets (product code 8103) plugged and screwed to wall.
- ‘Cobra Watertech Tudor Collection’ tap and mixer fittings:
- 15mm Code TD-294CP chrome plated single taphole basin mixer with fixed spout, plug and chain and flexible connection tubes.
- ‘Cobra Watertech’ or similar approved traps etc:
- 40mm Rough brass medium seal sink ‘P’ trap, with FI outlet and cleaning eye (code VA2.360).
- Cobra Watertech’ Star crutch handle, elbow action and lockshield bibtaps:
- 15mm Star Chrome plated foot operated hose bibtap with 20mm BSP thread on outlet (code 507-21).
- Valves, etc. including joints to steel pipes and/or fittings unless otherwise described:
- 15mm Copper service pipe 350mm girth (flexible service connection)
- 15mm Chromium plated full way ballcock shut-off control valve with screw type control
First, you have to determine the Group unit of measurement. When you are measuring Wash Hand Basins in Elemental or Approximate Quantities estimating, the group unit of measurement is the number (No).
The second step is listing all associated Bill items that can be mapped to Wash Hand Basins by number. These are:
- 520x440mm Vitreous china drop-in vanity basin and accessories – (No.) Rate – R950.00
- 15mm basin mixer and accessories – (No.) Rate – R350.00
- 40mm Brass sink P trap – (No.) Rate – R60.00
- 15mm Star chrome plated bibtap and accessories – (No.) Rate – R300.00
- 15mm Copper service pipe 350mm girth – (No.) Rate – R20.00
- 15mm Chromium plated full way ballcock shut-off control valve with screw type control – (No.) Rate – R40.00
Rate Build Up for items which are linked to the Wash Basin by number. Since your Group unit is the number (No.), you should convert the Bill item rates to Cost per Wash Hand Basin.
|Rate Build Up
GROUP – SANITARY FITTINGS
|Rate – Cost Per Wash Hand Basin (No.) Rands|
|1No . Vitreous China Vanity Basin|
|1No = R950||950|
|1No. Basin Mixer|
|1No = R350||350|
|1No. Sink P Trap|
|1No = R60||60|
|1No = R300||300|
|1No Copper Service Pipe|
|1No = R20||20|
|1No Shut-off Control Valve|
|1No = R40||40|
|Composite Rate – SANITARY FITTINGS||1720|
The composite rate for items which can be mapped to the Wash Basin by number is R1720 per wash basin.
Elemental Layout and Grouping
Items which go into the element INTERNAL PLUMBING and component Sanitary Fittings are stated in the description below:
|1.||520x440mm Vitreous china drop-in vanity basin including 15mm basin mixer, 40mm Brass sink P trap, 15mm Star chrome plated bibtap, 15mm Copper service pipe 350mm girth, 15mm Chromium plated full way ballcock shut-off control valve and all accessories – chains, waste union, plug, brackets etc.||No.||1720|
|Subtotal Sanitary Fittings|